Sunday, April 12, 2015

Training Ride

Today it is 64 degrees out. First warm weekend of the year. Far too nice to be inside!


Showed up 2 hours early for the college fair with my high school junior. Scratch that.

Went to the bike shop to pay off my new bike. Scheduled a bike fitting for Tuesday. This is becoming a reality!! 

Went home and said to myself, "Get out there and ride. No excuses."  So I did: 14.27 miles, not too many hills, a good training ride.  A LONG way from the 106 mile ride in September, but I'll get through it. My knee feels good. I need to improve my stamina and endurance. Goals to work towards.

My challenge for you: What is your dream? Does it seem impossible? Develop a plan to make it happen. Each step on the journey is an accomplishment. Celebrate it!  You'll only accomplish your dreams by taking steps towards your goals.



Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27

Follow me on Instagram @tracoleman99


No comments:

Post a Comment