Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sometimes Life Happens


I started writing this and then our computer died, so I never had a chance to get back to it until today...

Will it ever end?  I had a nice, relaxing spring break. I did some homework, enjoyed time with my family, rode my bike, and got to the gym every day. I experimented with nutrition to see if I could kick start my metabolism (which was not such a good idea).  But then I had two very stressful weeks working on MA-PAL (I wrote about this in a previous entry), and finishing my coursework for my class. I thought I would be relieved and feel energized. Instead, I had an overly busy and equally stressful week.

I need a break!!!

I missed three days at the gym. Even at Christmas time, I make it to the gym. Which was so frustrating, only adding to my stress. 


Thursday one of ours students found out that she is the recipient of a  scholarship I encouraged her to apply (even though she didn't want to go to that school). When I found out that she won the scholarship, I burst into tears. I think my emotional response was so strong from the constant stress, countered with such pride and joy, which made me laugh and cry at the same time.
 

On my way home from work Friday, I fought falling asleep at the wheel.  So I took a nap, which lasted over two hours. I thought I'd get to the gym before they closed, but my son needed help moving home from college, which meant an unexpected drive to Worcester. I was glad to help.


Stuck in traffick on 290...about 5 miles away from Worcester State. We just sat there for about 30 minutes.

Life happens.


This is a new phase in my fitness journey. How do you stay fit, eat right and keep focus when you are not home, you have a ton of stress and curve balls are thrown at you from left field? In the past, I would say, "I can't deal with this while all this is going on."  I would eat what I want, not care and not work out even on days when I could get to the gym.  With this unbelievably busy time of year, I am challenged to make time to take care of me. Now that my son is home, I can rely on him to pick up some slack...groceries and running errands. (He is such a blessing.) So my goals have shifted..."keep it together" and "be creative with time." I can do push-ups at home, I can walk at night and I can look for opportunities to move.  This is not about making excuses, it is about doing my best through the craziness.

Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time. 
Colossians 4:5

Follow me on Instagram @tracoleman99

No comments:

Post a Comment