Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Three things I learned

It's Tuesday.  It's been three days since the Ride to Remember.  

Before I start, make sure to read these posts if you missed any of them:

Wonder Women Fitness for Life
Ride to Remember posts (these tell the story about the Ride to Remember):
Feeling Loved
Sneak Peek
The Girl Picked Last

Since I am really tired, but I can't sleep, I thought I'd share with you three things I learned on the road to accomplish my goals.  I shared these with my Wonder Women Facebook group, and I thought I'd share them with you.

Commit your works to the Lord and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3

1. Set your fitness goals for yourself and no one else. Others will let you down if you hinge the goal on them.  
I did this for me and no one else.  I had a lot of people I wanted to do it for, but the bottom line is that I did it for me.
2. Believe in yourself. You have more strength than you realize.  I shouldn't have, but I doubted myself every step of the way.  


3. Set your goal, do what you can to train for it, and know you have given it your all. When the day comes and you accomplish your goal. All the training will have paid off.  
I averaged between 60 - 100 (or more) miles per week this summer, training for the Ride to Remember.  I made sure to include climbing in almost every ride.  All my training paid off!
I've probably learned more but these three ring true today.  

To sum it up...

Dream it.  

Set a plan to accomplish it.


This is on the wall in the gym where I work out.  I had to take a picture of it.  It rings true for so many things, whether it's fitness, work, school work, or relationships.  If it's important, you'll make it happen.  If not, ...
Work towards it.

Achieve it.


You are a star!!!



Here's a REALLY cool YouTube video of this year's ride by Jeff Jo (I think I saw myself a couple of times in this, but it's hard to tell):


Follow me on Instagram:  tracoleman99

New:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.

No comments:

Post a Comment