Thursday, February 11, 2016

Breaking News


I have some really exciting news to share!  Our family is growing!!  On Saturday we will be going from a family of four plus one dog and one cat to a family of four plus one dog, one care and a PUPPY!  Yes, a puppy!!!

Introducing to the world, our newest addition:
This is our newest baby:  Leia
Yes, as in Princess Leia.

She is 7 weeks old, born on Christmas Eve.  We get her on Saturday.  I am so excited.  Koby's world will be turned upside down.
This is Koby
Ok, so that's exciting family news, but there's MORE!

My journey over the past two years has been rewarding in more ways than I can begin to express.  And it's in ways I never anticipated.   Around the time that I did the Ride to Remember last fall, I started a Facebook Group, "Wonder Women, Fitness For Life" where we encourage each other with our weight loss and fitness journeys.
From the Etsy Shop.
In January, I sponsored a weight loss challenge at school, "Commerce Biggest Loser Competition"

It's so rewarding to give back, to help others with their journey.

Yesterday, a student came to my office and told me he has lost 37 lbs. over the last 5 months, which I was super proud of him for that.  When he came down to our office, I saw him and I noticed he looked a lot thinner, but I can't say things like that to students.  So when he came in to talk to me, I was like, "That's so awesome!  I'm so proud of you!"  I asked him how he did it and he told me that he's been working out, he cut out junk food and has been drinking a lot of water.  But the best part is that he said, "You are my inspiration."

How I Feel
That's it!  That's exactly it!  I inspired him.  I am so overwhelmed with pride AND joy, it's hard to even explain the emotions.  My job is an incredible job.  A ton of paperwork and very frustrating sometimes.  But when I have a chance to make a difference in a student's life, that's when I get the biggest reward.  Usually I am helping students with personal or academic problems, or I am assisting a student with their college and career goals.  The rewards are countless.  But for the first time in my life, I have inspired someone to change their life in a positive way.  I can't begin to tell you how that feels.

There's more!


For the past year I have been sharing my journey with you on my blog.  I shared my story with my school district, who published an article about me.  But the scariest thing is about to happen.  Like, sharks in the ocean scary...

Next month, I am speaking at my church about my journey.  I won't be talking so much about how I  lost weight, but more about the journey I have had towards wellness, the impact body image has had on my self esteem and how taking time to work on me has helped me become more of what God wants me to be.  Obviously I will be talking about my weight loss, but I will also be sharing some of the darker things, like how I've had to deal with my anxiety and depression and the inner transformation that has occurred as a result of this journey.

If you are in the area, I would soooo love for you to join us.  We have two amazing speakers.  Our very own, Pastor Christan Causey will be speaking on Friday night and our keynote speaker is Rose Hinton.  In the afternoon we will have several different breakout sessions and I will be one of the speakers for those.  The theme of the event is, "Come Awake," which really spoke to me and is why I felt like I needed to share my story.

If you are interested, you can register online at http://evangelassembly.org/womensconference.

Declare His glory among the nations, His wonders among all peoples.
Psalm 96:3 NKJV
That's it for the news, folks.  Stay tuned for more exciting adventures from the Coleman household.  I'll tell you all about Leia and how Koby and Sam the kitty respond to her.

Question for you:
(Answer in the comment section below.)

What's the most exciting thing happening in your world right now?

Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  



Like me on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/TraceyGettingFit
Follow me on Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Follow me on Instagram:  @tracoleman99



No comments:

Post a Comment