Saturday, March 12, 2016

How do you like your eggs?

What did you have for breakfast today?  I had an egg white frittata with spinach and tomatoes and some Kashi oatmeal with almond milk.  It was delicious and satisfying!  I love eggs!
This morning's frittata was spinach and tomato.  This is one has steamed broccoli.
When I first started dieting in the 1980s, I remember eggs were "bad for you." They are high in fat and cholesterol.  I liked them well enough, all kinds of ways: egg salad, hard-boiled eggs, scrambled, soft boiled, poached, fried, deviled eggs, and omelettes.  Whether I was trying to lose weight, I've always thought of them as fattening, so I avoided them.

Since I've been on this journey, I realize that they are actually quite healthy:  full of nutrients and protein. Contrary to what we once believed, the cholesterol in eggs does not affect the blood cholesterol of most people*.  Eating two-three eggs a few times a week is definitely reasonable. 

So, how do you like your eggs? Me? I like them over easy and I don't really mind if the yolks crack. I kinda even like them broken sometimes.  If I want to be truthful, it doesn't even bother me if they're a little overcooked.

Anything at all but sunny side up.

Look at sunny side up eggs, they are too pretty to eat.   I know people like them, but they are too neat and clean for me.

You probably are thinking that this post is all about eggs, don't you?

The truth is, it's more about being real. It's hard to trust people who always serve their eggs sunny side up. I want someone who's going to be honest, who will serve things the hard way sometimes (albeit with love).   Over-easy or over-medium...sometimes they come out perfectly and sometimes they're messy.

I really have a hard time with people who always serve their eggs sunny side up.

If we are really friends, then you're going to be honest with me.

From time to time we might even hurt each other's feelings, but we always makeup and share the love after.  We don't just mask over things and pretend nothing ever happened.

I'm going to share your hardships and you're going to share mine.

That's what friendship really is.


Thanks for being my friend...no matter how you serve your eggs, especially if they come out messy sometimes.

*Studies are not conclusive about how eggs effect the cholesterol levels of diabetics.  It's the yolk that contains the cholesterol, so whites are fine.

Questions for you:  (Answer in the comments below.)
What did you have for breakfast today? How do you like your eggs?  

Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99

No comments:

Post a Comment