Sunday, March 6, 2016

I want to look like THAT

Happy Sunday!  Another week gone by and what a week it was... On two separate occasions, my colleagues said to  me, "I want to look like that."  They both made my day.  Seriously, this was a real morale booster for me.

This is what I was wearing on Monday...my new green leggings with a navy blue top.
I have been feeling overwhelmed and blue lately.  TimeHop recently told me it's been a year since I posted, Mike Made Me Do It.  (I have a love / hate relationship with TimeHop.)  This brought back a lot of emotions, "I still miss him, I do.  I still can't believe he's gone.  It's just not right.  What I would give to have him back.  It's just not right."

I came home one day not feeling well, which turned into a migraine, knocking me off my feet. 
Me and Princess Leia after my nap the other day.
All of this has been affecting my motivation.  It's everything all together.  Fighting the blues has zapped my inspiration.  I'll tell you, feeling down and stressed makes motivation hard to come by, but I keep on keeping on.  Add crazy weather to the picture and ...   

Is it spring yet???

So let me ask you this, what is your motivation? What inspires you? 

For me, it's riding my bike.
Our friend Joe, me and my hubby Brian
I am so looking forward to the warmer weather so I can get out and ride.  It's been so long and I feel out of shape, but I know it will be good for my bones.  It promises to be close to 70 degrees on Wednesday.  I am going to clean up my bike, get my gear together and take her out.  The anticipation is almost more than I can handle.
My friend, Vicky & I
Until last March I never really even rode a bike and now it's my source of motivation. I want to challenge you to find that thing that pushes you, whatever it may be, and use it to drive you.  If you are in a rut, it may be difficult to find inspiration.  So go out and grab something.  Seek it out, reach for it.  You will find it.

If you are dissatisfied with the results you are seeing with your fitness goals, here is a three step recipe for you.

Step One:  Be patient.  Don't give up.  Trust the process.


Step Two:  Examine your nutrition.  Take a hard look at what you are eating.  Are your macronutrients balanced?  Are you eating enough protein?  Enough carbohydrates?  Enough fat?  Too many saturated fats?  Too many carbohydrates and not enough protein?  Too many simple carbs and too much sugar?  Are you eating too much food?  Are you not eating enough?  (That could truly be the bottom line.)
The only way you can honestly examine your nutrition is if you are keeping track of everything you eat.  I use MyFitnessPal.  Check it out!
Step Three:  Change your exercise routine.  Are you doing cardio every day?  Is it the same thing day in and day out?  Your body gets used to the excess demands and after a while, you won't see the same results.  Add weight training to your routine.  If you already do weight training, switch things up.  Make it more challenging.  For the people who say, "I want to look like that," this means you need to both watch your nutrition AND lift weights.

Lifting weights helps to build muscle, burn fat, improve your metabolism and strengthen your bones.  Just to name a few benefits!
Take some time to strategize your meal plan, seek a new hobby or activity.  I so enjoy riding my bike because I get to move my body and clear my mind at the same time.  There is an addictive renewal that takes place.  It's hard to explain.

One more thing...I got this in the mail this week.  Apparently I have a secret admirer.
This little note really made me feel blessed.
Question for you:  (Answer in the comments below.)
What do you do to fight the blues?

Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99


No comments:

Post a Comment