Sunday, May 1, 2016

How many calories do you burn when you have hypothermia?

Brrrrrrr!  It's May 1, 45-50 degrees and raining. Know what I did today? Hold onto your seat.  I got up before 3:00 a.m. to be on the road to New York City for 3:30 a.m.... To ride a 40 mile bike ride through the five boroughs. Yep. That's what I did.

I'm crazy, right? You can tell me the truth. I can handle it.

The other day I was thinking about how much my life has changed.  When I started on this journey towards fitness, I never could have imagined.  It's been a 180 degree turn around.

There's more...

Last night I went to a cotillion (a fancy way of saying a ball for young adults who are being presented to the public). It was a black tie event, meaning I had to get a new dress, matching shoes and jewelry. (Darn, another shopping trip!)    Two years ago, even though I had already started to lose weight, I would have dreaded going. A black tie event ... a real reason to dread getting dressed up, exposing my fat body for the world to see. 

This year, my attitude was totally different. I actually looked forward to the cotillion. I was super happy to go. I curled my hair, wore makeup and even went for a manicure and pedicure on Thursday.  It was a real treat.


And today...I went for a 40 mile bike ride in the pouring rain.  We had to leave at 3:30 a.m. to get there.  It was freezing.  I got soaked, and a little hypothermia.  But you know what?  Even knowing how the day went, I would do it again.  The rain and cold were miserable, don't misunderstand.  But I spent the day with friends, doing something I never imagined I would even be able to do.  I finished the ride and did well.  It was a good day!  What is there to complain about?

Waiting to ride to the starting line.  32,000 people out there today.

Let me ask you, in your wildest dreams... Can you imagine accomplishing your dreams?  Can you even picture what your dreams might actually be?  Two years ago, I would have laughed if you told me I would have had a good time riding my bike in 47 degree rainy weather! I would have said, "No way!"


Imagine. Do it now. 

Are you happy with your health and fitness level?  

When you look in the mirror, are you satisfied with what you see?  (I'll admit that there are some bumps and lines on my belly from child bearing, but overall I am satisfied with my appearance.) 

What would the wildest, craziest or seemingly impossible goal be, that you can't imagine you would ever be able to do?

Did you do it?  Okay.  

Now, what will it take to make it happen?  Start at the beginning, think through a plan, and make it happen.  Believe it can happen. Have faith in yourself.  Need help?  Email me.  I'll help you get started.


Question for you:  (Answer in the comments below.)
What amazing or fun thing did you do this weekend?


Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993
Email:  tracoleman99   @  gmail.com   (you'll have to type it in ...  trying to avoid SPAM in my box.

No comments:

Post a Comment