Sunday, July 24, 2016

Feeling it!

I've been super busy the past few days.  Today is the Pippin Family Reunion, so I don't have much time to write.

I wanted to give you an update on my new program, so today's post will be a Photo Blog.  I'll write more soon.  The topic has been transformation, so I will continue with that theme.  Meanwhile, here's my week in review:

I started my new program on July 9 and I want to take weekly update pictures.  This is my first update photo.  Due to my traveling last week, I took this a day late, but you get the idea.
My family had shrimp scampi for dinner on Sunday night, but I dropped the oil and butter and made my own healthier creation.  (Below.)

Sauteed garlic cloves with cooking spray, added canned chopped tomatoes (low sodium) and cooked it down. so the broth was thicker.  Then I added wilted spinach, 4 oz. shrimp and some Italian seasonings (basil, parsley & oregano) and heated until warm.  I served it over 1/2  C whole grain pasta.  It was amazing!


I got in some good workouts.  The core workout really pushes the limits.

Leg day.  With me nursing a sore shoulder, I can't really lift like I used to.  This has been a real struggle.  I did some straight leg dead lifts with 95#, but woke up in a lot of pain with my shoulder that night, so I'm thinking I need to go lower weight.  I have the strength to lift, but my shoulder needs to recover.  My physical therapist gave me a stern talking to this week.  Sigh.
I only got in one bike ride this week, which ended in a flat tire.  I blew out the tire, which needs to be replaced.  I decided to have some work done on my bike too.  When I get it back, I'll tell you what I did and how I like it.  Big changes.
You've heard of protein pancakes, right?  Well I tried Protein French Toast this week. I got this recipe from Monica at Run Eat Repeat and it was amazing!

I used 1/3 C egg whites, a splash of unsweetened almond milk, a tsp of vanilla, a dash of cinnamon and mixed it together. I dipped two slices of Ezekiel bread in the mixture and coated each with protein powder (1/2 scoop) and cooked on the griddle like you would French toast. I topped with 1/4 C sugar free syrup and some sliced strawberries. It was a real treat. 292 calories: 1.8 g fat/ 50.5 g carbs/ 20.6 g protein/ 7.8 g fiber.


Personally, I had a rough week and had a very hard time sleeping.  I was pretty much a basket case on Friday, so I decided to take it out at the gym and added a 3rd Leg Day and core workout to my regimen.  It was great!  And really helped me to keep my mind off my worries.
So, this one!  She found out that she could get on top of her room and she likes it there.  She spends most of her "free time" either in or on the crate.  Right now, she's there and chewing on a bone, which is a lot better than destroying something else in the house.  I still love her.  
I took yesterday off.  Pretty much from everything.  Mitch, Jenna and I went to Hammonasset Beach on the shore in Connecticut. I did follow my meal plan, but I can't tell you how nice it was to just relax.
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30 ESV

There's something about feeling the sand between your toes.

My beach lunch...brought to you by Foldit...an awesome wrap I found. 90 calories, 2.5 G fat, 15G carbs, 7 G protein, 7 G fiber. This particular one is 5 Grain Flax. Add a little tuna, lettuce and tomato and you have an AMAZING sandwich. I love sandwiches! 

Even though he's 21, he's really only about 5 inside.  He dug this ginormous hole...actually, he dug three holes and tried to connect them, but they collapsed.  He ended up making one humongous hole instead.
When it was time to go, Jenna buried him.

The sea does something to bring me down a few notches.  I really needed the rest yesterday and it was a great remedy for my soul.

Okay, drum roll, please!!!!  Progress update...
Two weeks into the new fitness program and I've lost 7.4 lbs.  I was complaining last week about only having lost one pound.  But when I redid the math, I actually had gained a pound.  I know that wasn't the program though.  That was a result of my body not liking the traveling.  So, as of this week, it's a total loss of 7.4 lbs.  I couldn't be happier.  I have never lost weight like that before.  Ever.  I mean, I get it...water, weight fluctuations, whatever.  But this is results.  I'll share more with you about my new program later.  
Before on left, now on right.  Getting leaner, but not skinny and I like it.
I'm definitely feeling it!  And I'll be honest with you, having a new program to focus on has really helped me to keep my mind off my troubles.   While life is happening around me and my heart is heavy (indeed), I couldn't physically feel better.  My shoulder needs to mend.  My physical therapist is concerned that I am overdoing it, which is keeping me from recovery.  "Tracey, you need to think about the long term health of your shoulder.  Do you want X, Y and Z to happen?  Or do you want to recover?"  So I have come to the conclusion that means a major step back, but I will not quit.  I am more determined than ever.

He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.
Revelations 21:4 ESV

Off to take the puppy for a walk.  Happy Sunday, everyone!  I'll write ,more soon.  Lots to talk about.

Transformation...


No comments:

Post a Comment