Saturday, July 9, 2016

Time to Change Things Up

I have been going through some stuff lately.  This...following a serious battle with depression over the winter.  I can't really talk about what's going on, but I've found myself saying things like "Why bother?" "It doesn't really matter."  "Poor poor me."  and "WHY?  Just why?"  I have been binge watching TV.  My son introduced me to Game of Thrones and all I keep saying is "I HAVE to watch another episode?"  When I'm not watching it, I'm thinking about the show, wanting to know what happens next.
Photo Credit
Meanwhile, my pity party has been reigning and my old couch potato self has been sneaking its way back into my life.  Ha!  This while I'm supposed to be training for this year's Ride to Remember. I need to get ON it!

Taken during last year's Ride to Remember.
 In late May I strained my right shoulder and compounded that injury when I did some kayaking in early June.  I've been dealing with this for more than six weeks now.  The pain keeps me from sleeping and the worst part is I can't really do any upper body work outs, so I can literally see my body changing before my eyes.  My arms are "soft" and my gorgeous muscular shoulders are all but gone.  Poor, poor me.  (Can you hear it?)
As a result of this day, I now have a serious "boo boo" shoulder.   I'm glad I have some happy memories.
I recently started writing about transformation, with an effort to be transparent...transformation is a conscious, ongoing decision.  It takes deliberate effort to change.  Just as soon as you think you've got it, your old way of thinking and behaving can easily sneak back in and strangle you.  You have to be very cognizant of it.
When I walk our puppy, Leia, I always like to see what's new or interesting.  These flowers bloomed recently and are so pretty.  Just like a flower garden needs to be weeded, you have to "weed" out the negative thoughts that interfere with your ability to move forward.
This week I said, "That's enough!" And I decided to do something to drastically change my routine.  I adopted an entirely new training regimen, added significant amounts of cardio to the picture, and turned my nutrition plan upside down.  I am still going to ride my bike and have committed myself to doing three training rides per week.  One for distance, one for hills and the other for leisure...just because I like to ride.  I can commit to three.

Last weekend I rode up Route 1A from Nahant to Marblehead, around the neck and back.  It was a beautiful ride.
I started today. Here's my new before picture:

This is a bikini, not underwear.  It's not about being dissatisfied with my appearance, but more about ramping up my game.  My hope is to renew my passion through my new regimen.

My new absolute favorite workout jam:
Me Too by Meghan Trainor


Questions for you...Answer in the comment section below.
What's your favorite song this summer?
Do you watch Game of Thrones?  Who is your favorite character?

Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/TraceyGettingFit
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993

No comments:

Post a Comment