Sunday, July 17, 2016

Week One of the New Me

So, my first week of my new program was ROUGH.  And I mean rough.  The cardio nearly killed me.  My legs felt like rocks.  I thought I was in shape and just needed a tune up.  Yeah.  Sure.

I feel great though.  It's invigorating to have this new challenge, even though it's exhausting.  What I like most is fighting to overcome the desire to give in, to throw in the towel.  That might sound crazy, but when you have to fight with your own will to keep going and then you succeed - the sense of satisfaction is a reward you can't really describe.

I keep my eyes always on the Lord.  With him at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure.
Psalm 16:8-9

Part one of my new goals is three rides per week.  One for distance, another for hills and a third just because.  I did some traveling this week, so I only got in two rides, but I got both hills and distance...

Sunday I decided to do some hill training.  Glendale Road is a hilly road and this is just about the top.  I felt really good about my ride.  There was a light rain shower towards the end of the ride, so it cooled me off.
Part two of my new goals is to ramp up my cardio and change my strength training.  I can't believe how much I sweat.  Real girls don't sweat, so apparently I'm not sweating, it's just salt water coming out of my every pore.

Sunday I did a HIIT workout at the gym (after my bike ride). I don't think you can see it here, but I was soaked with salt water (AKA sweat).  It was dripping off me.  Yuck.
Hills AND distance for this ride...
Monday night I took a bike ride with the Comp Edge group.   It was a slower pace than I usually go, but after riding on Sunday and adding distance today, the hills killed me.  It was a beautiful ride.  The weather was perfect.
An early morning workout...cardio and abs...
More sweat!  (can't see it, but my shirt was dripping)
And my baby always makes my day, even when she drives me crazy!
Don't you know deck boxes are meant for napping?  (I woke her up when I took this picture.)
Part three of my new program has been a complete change in my nutrition program.  I am still tracking calories and macros, but I'm cutting out all the sugar and simple carbs and sticking to only healthy oils. To get me through, I'm eating a lot of protein and more frequently, which is its own challenge.

The hardest part of starting a new fitness / nutrition regimen was doing it while traveling.  I tried to follow the program to the "t", but the days were very long, meal options were a challenge and the fitness facility at my hotel was very limited.  I did get in a lot of cardio though.

For cardio (by itself), I am doing intervals on the treadmill.  Interval training has proven far more effective for fat burning and better over all results.  I did skip the donuts, but they looked so good!
Follow me on Snapchat:  tracoleman993
Here are some other shots from our trip:
Me, Mrs. Crowley & Dr. Johnson - It was so nice to spend time with them and get to know them better.

We had very long days, but were fortunate enough that our hotel was right outside of Fourth Street Live where there were plenty of restaurants and entertainment at night.

Our hotel was at this intersection.  How cool is that?
So, I am officially onto Week 2 of my program.  I lost one pound during the first week.  I was a little disappointed not to lose more, but with the traveling, I guess I did pretty well.  I gained 10 lbs. since May and I'd like to take it off.  (In my last post, I told you...I've been going through some personal things, and was eating to sooth myself...)

The best thing about traveling is coming home.  I had a nice time, I did.  I learned some things I can take back to work with me when school starts.  But I missed my family, especially my husband.  I slept terribly while I was away.  I am so glad to be home.

Leia missed me.  Brian sent me pictures of her every day.  Look at those sweet brown eyes.  How could you NOT be happy to come home to this?
As I start Week Two, I have one message to say, "Let's do this!"

Robb Stark from The Game of Thrones
So, I started early...
Sunday morning workout.  I skipped church this morning.  I hate to do that, but being away and having to work tomorrow, I really need to catch up on things around here.  Did some laundry and cleaning this morning and am heading out to do errands in a bit.  All before 12:00 noon.  It's a good day already.
I challenge you to get out there and move your body.  The biggest part of change is doing something, that first step. So do it!

Here's another really good workout song for your playlist:

Work from Home 
Fifth Harmony ft. Ty Dolla $ign

Question for you...Answer in the comment section below.
Are you traveling this summer?  Where?

Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/TraceyGettingFit
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993

No comments:

Post a Comment