Sunday, June 12, 2016

It's Time to Graduate

Instead of my traditional blog, this will be more of a photo blog...

This past week has been busy, but I'm not really sure that is the right word.  This sums it up...


Let me back up...

Last weekend was fantastic.  Our friends bought a cottage on Little Alum Pond, so we went up to spend the day.  Had an amazing and relaxing time.  We went kayaking and I even tried their stand-up paddle board (SUP).  It was awesome, I think I found a new favorite pastime.

My iPhone is allergic to water, so no pics of me on the SUP.  I loved it!  All in all, it was a perfect day.
Sunday, after I worked out, my shoulder was killing me.  It was sore when I went to the gym, so I took it easy.  I don't think I did anything at the gym, but afterwards, I was in excruciating pain.

Monday, my stomach was off and I was quite sick in the afternoon.

Tuesday, Jenna and I planted a rock garden out front.  I'm looking forward to the flowers blooming.


Wednesday was the BIG day!!! My son graduated from high school.  I am so proud of him.  Words cannot express...

Thursday was the worst day I had at work all year.  Without going into any specifics, I don't remember having had such a bad day.
I never got to eat my salad with grilled chicken because things got so hectic.
I grabbed this at Costco for a quick "on the go" lunch.
That night was my godson's band concert.  He just started playing the trumpet in October last year.  The band was amazing.  Sam did an AWESOME job. (Sam is on the far left, in the front.)


Friday I left work a little early (with permission) to start getting ready for Joey's graduation party.  The rest of the day was spent shopping and cleaning.  No pictures of Friday.

Yesterday was the party and it was a blast!  We did the traditional grilling (hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken), but instead of traditional picnic sides, we had a baked potato bar and a sundae bar, which were a big hit!

Some of the leftovers.  I didn't take any pictures yesterday because I was busy putting food out and talking to our guests. 
Had this for dinner tonight....yummy!
It was an amazing time.  Our friends and family came out to join us in celebrating Joey's big day.  There were teenagers here until...  Well, actually, there are a few still here!  They are sleeping on the floor upstairs.
Bottom picture is Joey and his friends from elementary school, who all graduated this year from their respective high schools.  They are still friends!
After 18 years, one month and 15 days, our "baby" has grown up!  It's no longer the cute little boy with the Bob the Builder shirt on his way to Preschool, we now have a young man with us.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11

Today is Graduation Sunday at church, where they recognize the graduates.

It's also my friend's baby shower.
That's Erica (top left pic, on the left)...the cupcakes were YUMMY!
Tomorrow is my school's graduation.  It will be a LONG day for me.

My turn to graduate is next.  I've been delinquent with finishing my portfolio, so with all the craziness done, it's time to send the circus on its way and fill in the few missing pieces, type it all up and sent it out.

With the sore shoulder (I am starting to think I should see the doctor) and my busy schedule, both my workouts and my nutrition have been off.  The trick is being conscious of where you are going and making sure you don't veer too far off track.  It's time to get back to basics.

I'll leave you with this completely unrelated picture, just to make your day!
Princess Leia:  Isn't she soooooo cute?  As crazy as she is, she brightens my day every day.
Questions for you...
What are you up to this weekend?  What makes you happy when you are overwhelmed or stressed?


Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/TraceyGettingFit
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993

No comments:

Post a Comment