Saturday, February 18, 2017

Happy Birthday to My Little Blog

I just got back from a 4 mile run with my husband and his buddy, Joe.  What a beautiful day and a GREAT run!

Last summer I decided to not reload "TimeHop" on my  new phone because Facebook features "On This Day" so you can look back and see what you posted last year (or years prior) on any particular day.  I actually have enjoyed this feature as it helps me to reflect on my journey and remember where I have come.

Today I was reminded that it is the two-year anniversary of "Tracey's Getting Fit."

Bear with me as I reminisce and share some highlights of the past two years.

Here is where it all began:

When I started this journey three years ago, it took me a little while, but I realized early on the importance of setting fitness goals was to my success.  Having something else to focus on besides just losing weight really drove me to stick with it.

Here are my top five favorite posts:

Mike Cobian was my personal trainer for over six months.  On November 30, 2014, he died suddenly.  This is a deeply personal entry about the effect he had on my life.  Even today, every time I ask myself, "Why bother?" Mike is in my head.  I hear him say to me, "Come on, Tracey, you got this." or "It's all you, Tracey."  

The Lord is close to the broken hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18

One of my most important fitness goals was to do a 100-mile bike ride called "The Ride to Remember."  The ride honors the memory of police officers who have died in the line of duty.  Growing up, I was always the last one picked in team sports, and now people call me an "athlete."  It's hard to think of myself as an athlete.  Who me?  Ummm, yeah, I think you are mistaken.  This entry, details my experience doing the Ride to Remember.

Do you not know?  Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31

What is beautiful?  Is it your outward appearance?  
Best quote from this post, "When I look in the mirror today, I see lines in my face where there were none before, but I don't see the tired, sad face that used to stare back at me.  Even still, it's hard to say, 'Yes, I am beautiful.'  Unless I look at the word differently."

Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.
1 Samuel 16:7b


The school district where I work has a quarterly news paper that goes out, featuring various stories about what is going on in Springfield schools, as well as highlights about the accomplishments of our graduates and teachers.  In this post, I shared the article they wrote about my journey to lose weight and do the Ride to Remember.

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established.
Proverbs 16:3

If it weren't for Dmitriy, none of my goals would have been accomplished.  Dmitriy changed my life.  Yes, I did the work, but Dmitriy gave me the keys to open doors I never even imagined I could open.  I love him dearly and am so grateful to him for everything he did for me.  He believed in me and made my dreams come true.

There are "friends" who destroy each other; but a real friend sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 18:24 (NLT)

My blog has helped me to remain accountable to myself.  Writing about my journey, what I've learned, and what's going on in my life, have been key to staying the course.  Life is not all candies and butterflies.  While this is not a favorite post, I do appreciate having this blog to share what's on my mind, even when it may not be pretty.

What's next?

I enjoy writing my blog, sharing with you along the way and I hope to keep doing the same.  I don't anticipate any major changes here at this point.  I appreciate my readers and I hope to grow my audience.

Thank you for sharing my journey with me!

Questions for you: (answer in the comment section below)
Do you like birthday cake?  What kind is your favorite?  Butter cream frosting or whipped?

Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993
Email:  tracoleman99@gmail.com




No comments:

Post a Comment