Tuesday, March 3, 2015

FIVE

At the first session with my trainer each month, it's the "moment of truth." Hop on the scale, measurements are taken and then compare today's data to that of last month.  Despite the fact that I have seen decent results at each month's weigh-in, I despise the process.  Today, however was different.  Today I am within 5 lbs of the maximum range recommended for my height (based on the CDC).  FIVE pounds!!!  (So far, a total weight loss of 64 lbs. since 1/1/2014.)

Five pounds!

Something else happened tonight.  I did FIVE push-ups.  Five real push-ups.  No modifications.  Honest to goodness, real "man" push-ups.  Truth is, I probably could have done at least one more, but I got so excited that I did five, that I stopped.



Last night I was not feeling very well.  I was tired and hungry, my workout did not leave me feeling great like it usually does.  Physically I felt weak.  I thought to myself, "You are never going to be able to do those push-ups.  You should just give up."  Last night, that is what I said to myself.  Good thing I don't meditate on negative thoughts because tonight when I got to the gym, I stretched and decided to do some push-ups.

When I cried out for help, you answered me.  You made me bold and energized me.
Psalm 138:3 (NET)
Who would have ever thought this number would bring me such joy!!!!!!

I was ready to quit last night. But tonight I finally got past the bump.  I was stuck at two for months.  It was a road block and I just couldn't get past it.  But tonight I did!  This is a small accomplishment to most, but to me it is huge!

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Treasure the small accomplishments, they are worth celebrating!  (Not with a hot fudge sundae!)  The small goals you achieve along the way (even just seeing progress towards your goal) make the journey more enjoyable and less daunting to realize.

Mike made me do it.  Dmitriy helped me to make it happen.  Thank you!!!

2 comments: