Sunday, August 2, 2015

Riding



On Friday, I posted, "Staying The Course" and wrote about what happened when I hit a wall.  I wasn't eating enough and my body couldn't keep up the pace of my training.

I took a few days off from riding to get ready for a wedding on Thursday.  I spent most of the day Friday driving my son and the youth group to Logan Airport to send them on their missions trip to Ireland.

My son, Joey.  We met at the youth pastor's house and prayed for the team before we left for the airport.
I relaxed all weekend, with a lot of riding.

Here are the pictures I said I'd post.  (I have been sort of photo-journaling my rides.  I try to take a picture on every ride to help me remember this journey.)

Friday, July 31,2015

Had a Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich before the ride.  Simple carbs... Ended up with stomach cramps on the ride, so I'll have to pace my pre-ride meal out a little.
My bike!  I was going to name her Katana, but I'm leaning towards Wonder Woman.  What do you think?
My husband is tired of me taking all these pictures!
Liking my new bike shirt.
There are so many farms in Connecticut that we ride by.  This one is a sunflower farm.  It's hard to see them, but the entire field was sunflowers.

  
Saturday, August 1, 2015

I haven't really had a vacation at all this summer, so I took today as a "me day."  I did what I wanted all day.

This is how I feel after "Leg Day" at the gym.  Exhausted!
I went hiking at Soapstone Mountain, which is not too far from us.  This was my first time hiking there.  I like a little more rigorous of a climb, but that could be because I was not familiar with the trails. The graffiti added some flavor to the tower, that's for sure!  :-)  I left just in time to miss the rain storm that hit.

In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him.
Psalm 95:4
New England is so beautiful. There are such pretty churches, stores, and farms everywhere.  Did you know that Connecticut is a big supplier of tobacco leaves?   When we went to the Dominican Republic a few years ago, one of the locals told us they roll their cigars with leaves from Connecticut.
Sunday, August 2, 2015

I go back to work (no summer school) full time in less than two weeks.  I really wanted to spend this weekend doing whatever I wanted to do.  I want to go to the beach, but my husband and my BFF's are not beach heads.  I may just take a day off my summer job and go visit my sister-in-law.  (That's definitely a possibility.)  What did I do today?

I went to the gym!!!  Core day today...

My son had my car, so I walked home with my cup of Dunkin'.
I went for a ride!!!!  Goal was 50 miles...I had it all mapped out.



Was doing pretty good...
Feeling courageous, I climbed Glendale Road, which is particularly hilly ascent on Wilbraham Mountain.
Intersection of Monson Road and Glendale Road.  The sun was high and it was hot, but I made it!!!!

On the way down the mountain, I popped a spoke.  Bummer.  Headed home, put the bike in the back of my car and dropped it off at the shop.  It ended up being OK because I got a horrible cramp on  the right side of my back and I could barely keep going.  Between the blown spoke and the cramp, I was just glad to make it home!
So......
I started growing my nails out in May.  They were doing pretty good until they all broke two weeks ago.  So I went in for a manicure on Wednesday and they redid my nails.  On Friday, the polish peeled off on three of them, so I took advantage of the extra time and got them fixed.  Pretty!  The nail tech said, 'You must work out.  You're in really good shape."
All in all, I got over 80 miles of riding in this weekend.  I took it easy and had a good time!  I didn't over-do it, so I don't feel worn out.  I feel like I'm in a decent mood.  I ate a LOT this weekend too, which I know helped.  I enjoyed the scenery and the cool breeze on my face.  Looking forward to getting my bike back so I can ride some more.

Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it; let the fields be jubilant and everything in them. Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy.
Psalm 96:11-12

Follow me on Instagram @tracoleman99

Here's my question for you.
What did you do this weekend?
How do you enjoy your "me-time"?
Put your answer below in the "Comment" section.


No comments:

Post a Comment