Thursday, August 20, 2015

No Sweating Today

I don't want to mess up my hair!
I really like when I do my hair and it comes out kinky like this.
This week!!!  Let me tell you, I thought last week was stressful.  This week has been a whole lot of crazy.  
 
Sunday's ride photo:  the farm with the beautiful horses.  I just love to stop and admire them when I ride.
Sunday I went out for a ride on my bike and had a crash (completely my fault).  Fell on my head and my bum, so my tail bone has been sore all week.

I could barely move Sunday night.  The cat had to lie right next to me to make me feel better.
Tuesday night I got together with one of my former students.  Had her over for dinner and took her and her baby out for ice cream.  Her baby is so sweet and so well behaved.  I am so proud of her, she is such a good mom!


Lauren is such a good baby!  Her mom is an amazing mom!
Wednesday morning I woke up at 2:30 a.m. with excruciating stomach pains, my stomach the size of a small basketball.  I think I'm reacting to either the re-introduction of gluten to my diet or a change in the brand of protein powder.  I did some research and it could be either.  So not only did my bum hurt from the accident on Sunday, but I wanted to throw up all day. 
Can't decide if it's the gluten or the protein powder leaving me feeling like my stomach is a basketball. It's so very uncomfortable and downright painful!
I had a session with Dmitriy on Wednesday afternoon.  I sent him a text message, "I have graduation tonight, so no sweating today."  He responded, "Ok, good luck with the no sweating part.  It's really humid and I'm guessing we're gonna be working out.  Hah!"  My response, "Seriously, no sweating.  I have to do my hair before I come in because I'm going straight to graduation."  When I saw him, he was like, "What does that mean?  What am I supposed to do about that?  That's like going swimming and saying you don't want to get wet."  Ok, I get it.  But seriously, I have bone straight hair and when it gets damp, it falls and is ruined.  I did sweat, my hair did fall, I had to suck it up.

So...graduation.  I was the coordinator for one of the district's summer programs.  Have I ever told you how much I absolutely LOVE my job?  I think it's because I love to see the change in my students, how they grow up and mature.  My students know I care about them, I never give up on them.  The tougher the case, the more connected I feel to them.  One of my students gave the graduation speech on Wednesday night.  In 2013, she dropped out of high school, and came back to school in September of last year.  Between her regular day classes, Night School, Credit Recovery and Summer School, she managed to make it across the stage in one year.  I convinced her to give the speech because I believe she is an inspiration.  Her determination inspires me and I knew the other students would be able to relate to her.  She hit a home run and the students cheered for her.  She nailed it.  I was / am so proud of her.

This is Ashley.  She is truly an inspiration!  I am so proud of her accomplishments and I know she will go far in the future.  (And by the way, my hair was a lot fluffier before I sweat at the gym and it flopped!)
Today (Thursday), all the teachers came back to school for professional development.  I didn't get much done all day.  "Can I talk to you about my schedule?"  "Oh my God, look at you!  What did you do to lose all that weight?"  (I haven't really lost any weight since June.)  "Tracey, you really don't need to lose any more weight.  Stop now."  I do enjoy seeing the teachers after a few months of not seeing them, but I can't get anything done if I can't work on my students' schedules and address the issues that have arisen since we locked in the master schedule.  Sigh.

After school I went for a quick ride on my bike. little did I know how quick it would be.  About four miles in, I popped another spoke and my rear wheel would not move at all.  I pulled over to look at it, I needed to at least get back home. Some other riders stopped to help, but we couldn't fix it.  I had to get a ride from a friend.  Thank God for friends!!!  
When I brought my bike in on Monday for them to look it over after my accident, I had them re-strap the handlebars.  My favorite color!!!  But today's ride was a complete fail, as the broken spoke made it impossible to ride. 
Tomorrow is Friday! I have so much work to do to prepare for school opening.  After work, bring on the sweat! I plan to ride my bike (I got a new wheel already), followed by a workout at the gym.  I don't care if I mess up my hair!
My working station while my bum is sore.  I can stand up or lean on the stool.
So, in spite of two rough weeks, I am even more determined.  The Ride to Remember is in less than one month.  I count every challenge as a learning experience to better prepare me for the big day.  Figuring out how to get in enough riding now that I'm back to work full time and the sun is setting earlier is another challenge I get to figure out.

Brothers and sisters I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.  But one thing I do:  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14


Follow me on Instagram @tracoleman99

Questions for you:
How has your week been?
What interesting things happened to you this week?
Any suggestions for dealing with the bloating?

Leave your answers in the comment section below.  


No comments:

Post a Comment