Friday, April 29, 2016

When Your Brain Finally Turns On

The other day I read "Finding The Answer" on Dee's blog, Break Out The Skinny Girl.  I love Dee's blog.  She shares so candidly how she feels and I am so able to relate to her posts.  You should really check her out!
 
This particular post really resonated with me.  Just today I was thinking about how much my life has changed.  (I'll write more about that this weekend.)  When looking back, sometimes I wonder what happened to cause the change...

If you have ever been on a diet or weight loss program more than three times in your life, then you know what I mean about yo-yo dieting. We try to lose weight, we really want to be successful, but we either gain the weight back or give up too soon.  There is something inside us that doesn't believe we can accomplish it. Dee calls it the asshole in her head and I just love that description. Think about it, what is it that tells you "You can't do this. Why bother trying?  It will never work."  It's the asshole in your head!!!

What causes us to finally turn our brain on?

Is it about how we look?  For me, I was ashamed of how I looked to the point where I did not care.  I knew was fat.  I did not like feeling as though I was stuck, but I believed there was nothing I could do to change that.  It was not how I looked that made me change.

Or about how we feel?  I was in pain 24 hours / day, 7 days / week.  My joints ached.  I walked with a limp.  I was tired all the time.  I did not want that to be my reality.

So, the day finally comes when you decide to kick the asshole in your head to the curb. It's like a trigger that goes off... your brain finally turns on and YOU decide to take control of your nutrition...your health, your life!  One day becomes a week, becomes a month, becomes two, becomes a lifestyle.

I won't lie and tell you the asshole doesn't peak out and try to get back in your head again. He does, far too often. But as you develop healthier eating and exercise habits, you should be developing more positive coping strategies and recognizing the negative self talk for what it is no longer derails your train.

When you start to feel better, you start to care about what your appearance again.  I wear makeup almost every day now (even though I suffer from allergies).  I enjoy pampering myself with a manicure every few weeks.  I no longer dread clothes shopping ... to the point that my husband chokes when he opens the mail and sees how much I've spent on shoes and clothing.

In my post, "What No One Tells You About Weight Loss," I talk about how sad it is too lose your buxom breasts.  But then I discovered push-up bras.  They are the most wonderful creation!  Seriously, when I wear one of my new bras, I feel like a million bucks.  But they are expensive!
Shhhhhh.... push-up bra inside.  The best kept secret for those of us who need a little extra help upstairs.
If you want to lose weight.  If there is a part of you that wants to be thin, that feels discouraged, like you just can't do it.  I want you to tell yourself, "Shut up."  I'm serious.  Look at yourself in the mirror and say, "I can do this.  I want to feel better.  I want to lose the weight."  And then BELIEVE in yourself.  This is not a one or two day jaunt to lose weight.  It's a long haul.  You can do it.  Believe in yourself.

I have never felt better in my life.
Question for the ladies:  (Answer in the comments below.)
Where do you buy your bras?
Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993


No comments:

Post a Comment