Sunday, August 28, 2016

Where have I been?

This past month has been a whirlwind.


My "diet" went completely out the window.

My bike was in the shop and the puppy ate my helmet, so I took an unexpected 3 week break from riding.  Almost gave up completely on doing this years' Ride To Remember.  I just didn't see the point. Why bother? You can't do this ride if you aren't training for it.
Ride to Remember, 2015
I finally finished the master schedule at work, which was excruciating and mentally consuming. I never want to do it again. I become everyone's worst enemy because they don't like the schedule, they don't like how it came out, there is this, that or the other problem. I have seriously had it.  School starts tomorrow, can you tell I am frustrated??
During our Faculty Meeting on Thursday, the other counselors and I were sitting on the floor in the auditorium working on our students' schedules.  I am sooo over it!
I had exactly two days off this summer. Two.
If you count the 4th of July, I had three days off.
During my long weekend "vacation", we went up to Little Allum Pond and spent the afternoon relaxing on the water with some friends.
Not being a quitter, I started training for the Ride to Remember three weeks ago, and resolved to stick to my 3 x week goal.  So far, so good. I feel STRONG and am enjoying riding more than I remember. In fact, I love it.  (I loved it before, but sometimes you forget how much.)
Rode for almost 70 miles last Saturday with over 4K of climbing.  Had an amazing time!  This is me at the top of Mt. Skinner.
Removing all dietary restrictions (not that I really had any, but...) and eating whatever I want  (when I'm hungry) has given me a lot more energy to ride this year. I feel like my "care free" food attitude has made a big difference in my energy level.
Did the Southwick Rail Trail a couple weeks ago.
Why haven't I been keeping up the blog?

I hinted to you that I've been going through something personal this year and it has really taken a toll on me emotionally.  I haven't been going to the gym as much as I am used to either because I'm in such a rut that I can only focus on one thing at a time. Right now, it's riding.
Sooooo hot!!!  First ride out withe my new gears and new helmet.  Talk about sweat!!!
Sleep was escaping me, and often still does. But the sheer exhaustion from riding my bike 100-125 miles per week has made sleep much easier.


I am largely in survival mode right now, makes it very difficult to write motivational blog entries.  Practicing what I preach during tough times is an internal struggle.  I can't give up. I know that.

Here are some truths I need to remind myself of daily....


The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

Seek the Lord and his strength; seek his presence continually!
1 Chronicles 16:11

The Ride to Remember 2015 is in a little less than three weeks.  I am actually looking forward to it!  In a few minutes, I'm going out for a ride.  Maybe I will be able to shake off some of the stress from getting ready for school to start tomorrow!


Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58
To close, here's a message I got this morning from my dear friend Amy:

"God knows and wants us to lean into him...be very vulnerable...but it's the safest place to be."

Advice to live by...

Question for you...Answer in the comment section below.
Are you excited about "Back to School?"
What fun / exciting things did you do this summer?

Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/TraceyGettingFit
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993





No comments:

Post a Comment