Thursday, September 15, 2016

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

What are Little Girls Made Of?

According to the nursery rhyme, it's sugar and spice and everything nice.  And THAT was definitely the case for me before I started my journey towards fitness.  Yes, give me sugar and throw in a little spice and I was in LOVE.

But in the fall, especially now, it's Pumpkin Spice that I LOVE!

It's really a problem...
I bought ALL of this pumpkin spice stuff at different times.
The Pumpkin Caramel tea by Tea Guys is my FAVORITE!!!
And YES, I did eat that pumpkin donut!
When I got serious about watching my nutrition, I started eating Greek Yogurt and a LOT of it.  It's higher in protein and satisfies my sweet tooth or need for ice cream when I'm in a pinch.  I eat one for my morning snack every day.  I can't resist.  Oikos Triple Zero is my favorite!  It has only 130 calories and 15 grams of protein.  That's a lot!

But, for the Pumpkin Spice Season, I stocked up on pumpkin Greek yogurt.  Yes, I've officially made pumpkin spice its own season!

I've tried them all.  The Dannon Light & Fit tastes a little too "diet" to me.  I think they put artificial sweeteners in it.  Not crazy about it.   The Chobani flavors are good, but my favorite is the Oikos Pumpkin Pie.  It tastes like creamy pumpkin pie filling.  It's DELICIOUS!  
In other news, my son is practicing to get his license.  He's 18 and he really should already have it.  I'm not sure who is afraid to let go, me or him.
It's definitely me!
Saturday, I will be participating in my second Ride to Remember, which is a 106 mile bike ride from downtown Springfield, MA to Boston, MA.  The ride is meant to honor the lives of fallen police officers.  This year, we are riding to honor Massachusetts State Trooper Thomas Clardy and Auburn Police Officer Ronald Terentino, Jr.  Both of these officers gave their lives in the line of duty this year.

Ride to Remember 2015
I got my nails done just for the ride.  Kate did a great job!
I know I wrote recently about how much I love this time of year, but it's true.
Check out the mums I bought today.  They aren't quite fully bloomed yet, but they will be so pretty if I remember to water them.  I want to get a variety of colors.  These were the only ones I could distinguish at the market.  The others were all closed up.  I think the purple and orange ones are my favorite.

What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails and puppy dog tails.

I'm working on a post about body image, and I'm hoping you'll give me some feedback for the post.  Please answer the survey above, or check it out here:  What Would You Change?   You can email me your answers if you like.

Questions for you (answer in the comment section below):
What's your favorite Pumpkin Spice flavored or scented thing?  
Pumpkin Pie or Apple Pie?

Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/TraceyGettingFit
Twitter:  @TraceyFit99
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993
Email:  tracoleman99@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment