Sunday, September 18, 2016

Oh What a Day!

Yesterday was the Ride to Remember 2016

We left Springfield, MA at about 7:00 a.m.  It was 102 miles to the Massachusetts State House, arriving shortly after 5:00 p.m.  We had a couple breaks during the day, so our actual riding time was  a little over eight hours.


I will write more about this year's experience, but I wanted to give you a peak at our day.

Dad came down to send us off.  I really appreciated him being there.

A sea of blue...this is where we started.
We had six rest stops along the way, where we were able to hydrate, get some nutrition and...

Use the restroom.  At Boston College, the only rest rooms available were the ones on the Peter Pan buses that came with us.  I had to go soooo bad.  Yikes!
Our ride was great all day!  Seriously, I had plenty of energy.  I felt good.  But the last few miles were the most exhilarating.  Look at the Prudential building off in the distance!  So awesome!
Boston Strong!  That's right!
The finish line of the Boston Marathon.
My riding buddy, Joe.  He and my husband did the ride together the first year.
Brian did it last year and said, "This is not for me."  So Joe & I rode together all day.  It was a good great ride.

We did it!!!  We made it!  And I felt great.

There is so much to say about the day and I promise to write more and tell you about this year's experience.  This morning I am exhausted.  My shoulder was in excruciating pain last night.  It's sore today, but I feel better.  I Stay tuned...

Body Beautiful

I'm working on a post about body image, and I'm hoping you'll give me some feedback for the post.  Please answer the survey above, or check it out here:  What Would You Change?   You can email me your answers if you like.

Questions for you (answer in the comment section below):
Have you ever dreamed the impossible and made that dream come true?  What was your dream?  How did you make it happen?
Or
Do you have a dream that really means a lot to you to accomplish?  What's keeping you from making it happen?

Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me...
Instagram:  @tracoleman99
Snapchat:  tracoleman993
Email:  tracoleman99@gmail.com








No comments:

Post a Comment