Monday, January 11, 2016

When Doubt Creeps In

I am SOOOOOOOOO incredibly excited!!  We are having a "Biggest Loser" challenge at my school to start the New Year off. What is super fantastic is that 49 people signed up for the challenge!  Forty-nine staff!!!  The group ranges from teachers, paraprofessionals, clerks, custodians, school nurses, athletic trainers and even our school administration is involved!
Yahoo!!!!
Last week was Week One.  Today was the day of truth when everyone weighed in for the first time.  The nurses are doing the weigh-in's, so I only know what people report to me themselves.  I am encouraged.  I had some very positive feedback.

I want to share a story with you.

One lady needs to lose over 100 lbs. She told me, "Tracey, I lost 7 lbs."
My response:  "Awesome!  I'm so happy for you!  That's fantastic! Keep up the good work!"
And she answered, "I just need to believe because nobody else does - my husband, kids or relatives don't really think that I will one day lose all the weight...I still have big hope."
Awwwww!!!
This got me to thinking about my own journey...and yours...

The doubt and the judgement of others really plays a huge factor in our success or failure.  BUT, we can choose whether we want to listen to them or not.  We MUST develop our own mantra to keep us motivated, to keep us focused.  Because the moment we listen to the naysayers, when we give into our own fear of failure, we will surely fail.  To overcome this, we MUST maintain our focus on our goals.  We MUST believe in ourselves.  We MUST tell ourselves, "I can do this!"




This post is dedicated to my friend at work and to others like her, who have started the journey and need a whole lot of self-confidence and encouragement along the way.

You CAN do this!

Make this your mantra!
You must know that there will be setbacks along the way.  You will experience failure.  BUT these setbacks and failures do not make YOU a failure.  Consider each one a learning experience.  You can do this!!  Doubt will come in and take over if you allow it.

Couldn't say it better myself.

I think I can...I think I can...I can!  I know I can!
Two years ago I weighed 232 lbs.  I endeavored to lose weight and change my life.  It took me a while to find my path, to figure out what I needed to do to be successful.  But I did it!!!  When others doubt you, just ignore them, go out and accomplish your dreams.  You can do it!
July, 2013
Christmas, 2015
Question for you: 
(Answer in the comment section below.)
What do you tell yourself to keep yourself motivated?

Now:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  

Follow me on Instagram:  @tracoleman99



No comments:

Post a Comment