Saturday, January 11, 2020

BE the light

What a week+ it's been since I last wrote.   The rundown...

This morning, my dear Uncle Russell passed away after a brave fight with colon cancer.  He was diagnosed in November, so it feels like it came out of no where.  We are very sad as we mourn his passing.

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18

With the loss of my uncle, my heart is very heavy and none of what I have to share seems worth even mentioning.  Yet I committed to keeping up the blog on my journey, so let me fill you in on the whirlwind since the last time I shared with you.

Happy New Year meant back to work and immediate high level stress.   So much so that the things I typically do to help work through it simply weren't working.

I turned 50 in September, so last week I had my initial colonoscopy screening.   Less than fun. (All clear though.)
This is what I stocked up on for my pre-colonoscopy diet.  Ended up just drinking water and sipping broth and apple juice, but...stay tuned.

My husband retired after 32 years on the Springfield Police Department.   I love him so!

Got a haircut with a slightly new and shorter style.

Finally celebrated my son's birthday with him.  He moved to the eastern part of the state last March, so we don't get to see him as often.  It was a month late, but we got to see him and I got to love on him.

I don't have a picture from this 25th Birthday celebration, but here's one from four years ago.

I developed a stomach virus that kept me home from work for two days.

AND I had to have a root canal for an infected tooth that was causing me a lot of pain.  On the SAME day as I was fighting the stomach bug.  The SAME day.


Let's just say that I haven't been up to writing.  Yet, despite the many detours that have been sent my way, I still remain focused on renewing my commitment to wellness - physical, emotional, spiritual.  Sometimes that means accepting the grace that comes when you can't measure up to your expectations and demands that you place on yourself.   When you can't do more, Keeping it simple IS more.


I've been so sick that I haven't been able to eat solid foods at all.  And getting to the gym is on the back burner until I feel strong enough to just walk..  Thank God for my colonoscopy stash (pictured above), because I've been living on the Powerade, jellos, soup and smoothies.   To get in calories, I've even been eating ice cream.  As of yesterday, I'd lost 8 lbs. SINCE my colonoscopy.  Not sure how that will hold up once I start actually eating again.  Right now, I'm depleted and dehydrated, so my even my muscles are suffering. 

I'll get back to it soon!
I recently discovered the Abide app.   Abide is a Christian medition app that leads you through different meditations.  I don't pay for the subscription to the app because they aren't exactly what I need from meditation.  That said, I do receive a daily meditation that I can listen to online.  It's a 2-3 minute reflection and prayer to start my day off.   This has kept me going through the ups and downs of the past week.


As I finish this week's blog, be reminded that sometimes life just hits you.  Through it all, keep your focus on what is important.  Family.  Love.  Health.   I saw this today on Facebook and I had to share it.   I don't want to live in a world where love is invisible.  I want to BE the change, BE the light.


In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.
Matthew 5:16

Fullness by Elevation Worship
Pour it out, let Your love run over
Here and now, let Your glory fill this house.


Follow me
Instagram 
@traceyfitlife

No comments:

Post a Comment