Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Coronavirus Staycation Day 1

Happy Day 1 of my coronavirus staycation.  Last week was the flu, yesterday I had to work, so today is my 1st day "staycation".   (I actually do have to work from home, but it feels like a staycation.)

I (may) will be posting regular updates with thoughts and prayers and laughs and whatever else comes to mind.  Even if you're not in isolation mode like we are, feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.

Today's story...

We are all getting over the flu. Brian and I are feeling better, but Joey is now sick. I have been cleaning and doing laundry like crazy.

When Joey took ill, I decided to clean his room.  Lord save me.

Last night while I was trying to fold some of the last of the laundry, Brian called me because Koby was bleeding. I go to check him out and his paw is bleeding profusely. He lost one of his claws. 🐾 Not sure how that happened, but there's blood everywhere, we can't get him to sit still, he shaking like a leaf. The den looks like a murder scene. 🚫And Leia is barking like crazy because she knows something is wrong.

We finally had to let him go and walk around until he could settle in. More carnage.⛔️

Tried to wrap his paw up in a clean towel to keep pressure on the wound and prevent blood from getting everywhere. Every time we tried to do that, he would get up and we had to start all over again.
Finally at midnight, he seemed to find his spot and laid still, with his paw wrapped up, long enough for me to finish folding my last load of laundry for the night. Add the bloody scatter rugs to the washing machine. Brian slept downstairs with Koby, I slept in the comfort of my own bed with Leia to keep me company. Vet’s office doesn’t open until 9 and they won’t even let us go in with him if we can get an urgent care visit. He’s our old man and I hate that he’s hurting.😢

This morning
On a side note:  Will the stores have meat or dairy today? To hit the gym or not? (Leaning towards not.)

Today’s projectsBegin to tackle Mitch’s old room. Emphasis on begin. It’s become a dumping ground of “I don’t know what to do with this”.

Will (may) post again tomorrow with updated news as to the condition of our beloved old man and a status update as to whether or not I can buy any meat today. The shelves have been completely bare everywhere we’ve gone.  If not, it will be Taco Tuesday with ground turkey I have in the freezer and a pot of veggie soup to get us through for lunch this week.

Here are today's meditations...May you ponder on God’s word, and be filled with his spirit. That is what will get us through during these tough times.

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.
— Proverbs 17:22

The Passion by Hillsong


How are you and your family dealing with this pandemic?
Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment