Saturday, March 21, 2020

Finally Saturday

It's Saturday!  Since today is not a regular work day, I'm just calling it Saturday.  My "staycation" will resume on Monday.  With the Coronavirus Pandemic affecting us all, one way I'm coping is to share random thoughts, prayers, laughs and whatever else comes to mind.   Today's post will be short.

In My Mind

Yesterday was a tough day for me.  The pandemic is a full blown "panic-demic," invoking anxiety across the nation.  Yesterday I let it get to me.  I realized what was going on with me, talked to my husband, then to my friend Ashley.  I started working on another project and felt somewhat better as I pushed through.  It helps to remember, we are all in this together.   I love this CBS promo video, check it out:

We're All In This Together

Bad Hair Days

Here's my reality...

When I first get up (left), I am so ugly, I look like a man.  After some coffee, washing my face and a quick brush through the hair, I feel (and look) so much better.

Please don't 

News and COVID-19 updates

Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker has actually been a calming force in my days.  He holds a daily press conference with updates,talks candidly about the reality of what is happening, without instilling panic and fear among the residents.  I respect him and am praying for our leaders during this tumultuous time.

One on One is closed

Yesterday I told you about how I had my session with Pat and how fortunate I felt that I had a safe place to go for strength training.  Last night, Pat reached out to let us know that the city of West Springfield has closed all fitness studios for the duration of this health crisis.  (At least through April 7.)  I guess I saw the writing on the wall, but this seriously broke my heart.  One on One is a small business.  It is not a large corporate gym.  Pete (the owner) and Pat (our trainer) rely on our patronage to keep them afloat.  And now, this.  I get it, I do.  Instead of in-person training, they are offering remote video training.  But still.

Mitch's Room

A year ago, Mitch packed a suitcase and moved out, leaving everything behind, including his mess.  Since then, Brian started putting things in his room to get them "out of the way."  It was so bad, you couldn't even walk through the room.  Once I realized I was in a rut, I decided to tackle the monster.  Brian helped.  We are no where near done.  We need to finish boxing up some miscellaneous things, clean and hopefully I can buy some paint.  The plan is to move Joey into this room because it's a lot bigger.  Joey's room will become a spare room... possibly a workout room, an office or a craft room???


Pushing through

Bad days are to be expected, the key is to not allow it to consume you.   Today will be a better day.  
In a bit, I'm going to get dressed and take Leia for a walk.  Will be back at it in Mitch's room.  

And. More. Laundry.   


Today's meditation and a song for the times.

Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
James 1:2-4



Spreadin' (Coronavirus) by Psychs
Rap isn't my speed, but this is a good one for the times.  Check it out.

How are you and your family dealing with this pandemic?
Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment