Monday, March 23, 2020

Who made the clouds?

Good morning!  Today is Day 7 of my "Coronavirus Staycation."  In the absence of busyness and the stress of daily life, can someone please explain why I was awake yesterday at 5 a.m. and today at 4 a.m.?   I sleep later than this on a regular day.  I will definitely need a nap later.

5:07 a.m.

On a mission for Toilet Paper


This morning I opened our last package of toilet paper.  Normally, when we are on the last package, I think nothing of it.  Add it to our shopping list for purchase at our next Costco visit.  With all the panic shopping, there is no toilet paper to be bought.   Check out my Snapchat video:


Speaking of toilets...



  Sunday Worship

Our church broadcast the message on Facebook Live yesterday.  Before it started, I tuned into Elevation Church live on YouTube while I cleaned my kitchen.  Elevation Church broadcasts their service weekly on several different platforms, including YouTube and Facebook, as well as in several physical locations (mostly in North Carolina).  I know a couple people who consider Elevation Church to be "home," so I wanted to check it out.


At 10:30, our church broadcast the worship service live on Facebook.  This was a first for me, and to be honest, I think I was preoccupied by the whole thing.  Church in my kitchen, with my coffee?


After the countdown, the first thing I see is my friend Julie, who served as "MC" of sorts for each part of the service.  There were some glitches with the Live event.  I think Facebook couldn't handle the volume of all the Live events from churches broadcasting simultaneously.  At 11:15, we had the option to tune into Zoom for a continuance of the service to bring the personal touch of interacting with others from Evangel.  (I liked that part best.)

Because of the glitches, I missed most of the sermon, so I watched it again this morning on Evangel's website.  It was good.  Really good.  I would be remiss to even try to share all of what Pastor Brian shared with us.  You really should check it out for yourself.  But in summation, he discussed how we face fear when we know a storm is coming.  Right now, we have a unique opportunity to use the extra time we have to pray, to meditate on His word and to worship.  Our busyness excuse is gone.  As we look into our own heart and grow closer to God, we are able to see what our biggest need is.  So, instead of focusing on the clouds of the storm that's coming, focus on the one who made the clouds.   Very powerful message.

Scenes from my walk with Leia

Birdhouses, an antique bicycle, an interesting lawn setup, and lots of people out and about.
I used the "poop" bag to pick up the empties on our walk.   (I know, gross!)   Brian likes to redeem bottles and cans.  He uses the cash towards his annual trip to Washington, DC for Police Week.  It's a bit of an obsession with him.  Since Leia and I have been walking every day, I've seen these along our walk every day.  It was becoming sand in my shoe, an itch I couldn't get to, so yesterday I collected them all.  I didn't count, but it was worth the payload.  And yes, I did wash, rewash and wash again my hands!

Spring Sightings 

I was close enough to this bird feeder to grab some pictures of the birds.  There were several, swooping by repeatedly.

 Our Big Adventure


Yesterday, we met up with my friend Katherine and her boyfriend to get a piano he bought for her birthday.   But this wasn't just any piano.

Signed, "This is the Thorkelson Family piano, owned @1953 to 2020.   This is true, Annie Thorkelson 3/21/2020
Do you have any idea how hard it is to move an upright piano?  This thing was HEAVY!  It wasn't easy, but Frankie figured it out and it arrived safely at Katherine's house.


So, what's so special about this piano?  This piano is the Thorkelson family piano.  As in, Peter Thorkelson, more popularly known as Peter Tork of the Monkees.  My friend Katherine is their BIGGEST fan, so this was EXTRA special for her.

The piano safely in place at Katherine's house.  She's already practicing "Daydream Believer."

Laundry. Every. Day. 


Folded some sheets and have already two loads of laundry going in the washer and dryer this morning.

Some thought and laugh provoking memes for the times.



Today's Meditation

I keep thinking about the storm clouds brewing.  As we sit at home and wait for the Coronavirus to either affect or miss us, what is our focus?  Is our focus on the imminent danger coming?  Or is our focus on the ONE who made the clouds.  Reflect on Him today.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39


Praise You In This Storm by Casting Crowns
And I'll praise you in this storm
And I will lift my hands
That you are who you are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise you in this storm


How are you and your family dealing with this pandemic?
Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.

My daily posts since my "Coronavirus Staycation" began:
Day 1:  Boo boo paw
Day 2:  Let the projects begin
Day 3:  A photo journal
Day 4:  Love wins
Finally Saturday:  It's starting to get to me
The Long Haul:  Be strong & courageous


   

No comments:

Post a Comment