Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Time Out

Good morning!   Today is day 8 of my Coronavirus Staycation and I am posting this much later than normal because last night I actually slept!

Yesterday the day started off bright and chipper, but didn't stay that way.  It snowed.
My view this morning

I woke up at 4:00 a.m. yesterday and could not fall back to sleep.   By 9:00 a.m, I was starting to feel it.  I tried to take a nap, but it wasn't happening.  I practiced safe social distancing and went for a walk with my friend Giselle.  We met at the East Longmeadow trail, walked the length and back at a brisk pace.   It had just started snowing.  It felt great.

Scenes From Our Walk
The old train station is under construction.  

Giselle pointing out people out for a walk...

Seriously though...

Families out for a walk

We made it!  4.0 miles round trip

Time Out

When I got home, the headache had started.  I had some soup for lunch, drank some water, took some ibuprofen.  I desperately wanted to lay down, but I had back two back Zoom meetings.  I had to cancel my physical therapy appointment because I felt so awful.  I took a long nap and was pretty much done for the night after that.  No laundry, no cleaning, no projects, nothing.   Just a long time out.

Woke up this morning again at 4:00 a.m.,  but after I let the dogs out, I was able to fall back to sleep.  I slept until after 8 a.m., which is super late for me.  But no head ache today, so I'll take it for a win!

Stay-At-Home

Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker ordered closed all non-essential businesses as of 12:00 p.m. today and issued a Stay-at-Home Advisory for Massachusetts residents.  His press release reads, "The Baker-Polito Administration does not believe Massachusetts residents can be confined to their homes and does not support home confinement for public health reasons."   And so, we will stay home.

Project Update

Today's plan is to back to work on Mitch's room.   It needs a complete overhaul.  (I'm dreaming something like the room above.) Today if I can just clear out the clutter, dust and sweep, I will be satisfied until the painting can begin.

  Working From Home

Unlike most people who work from home, as an educator without students or teachers to supervise, there is not a lot for us to do.  Yesterday at one of my Zoom meetings, we discussed a couple projects to work on.   Today I have some reports to do for the state.   My days are largely wide open.  I've been listening to Christian music and meditations.

I found this yesterday on YouTube:

Meditating on God's Word: Scriptures to Ease Anxiety by Steven Furtick

Time to get dressed and get ready for another Zoom meeting.  This morning, our E-Kids ministry met with some of the little ones from our church to bring them a Bible story, song and memory verse.  It was fun.

A laugh for all the new to Home Schooling parents:

Remember to focus on the ONE who made the clouds:

Borrowed from Evangel's Facebook page

Today's Meditation

I keep thinking about the storm clouds brewing.  As we sit at home and wait for the Coronavirus to either affect or miss us, what is our focus?  Is our focus on the imminent danger coming?  Or is our focus on the ONE who made the clouds.  Reflect on Him today.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

I Just Need U by TobyMac
On my darkest days
When I'm losing faith
Not, it ain't gon' change
I just need, I just need You
Lord, I need You

How are you and your family dealing with this pandemic?
Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.

My daily posts since my "Coronavirus Staycation" began:
Day 1:  Boo boo paw
Day 2:  Let the projects begin
Day 3:  A photo journal
Day 4:  Love wins
Finally Saturday:  It's starting to get to me
The Long Haul:  Be strong & courageous
Who Made the Clouds?  Day 7

   




No comments:

Post a Comment