Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Fever, Cough & Shortness of Breath

 Good morning!   Today is Day 9 of my "Coronavirus Staycation."  Today I have a lot of actual work to do, so after I post this, I will be at it.

Posting my updates has been good therapy for me in dealing with the craziness of the coronavirus pandemic... just some random thoughts and prayers and laughs and whatever else comes to mind.  Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.

Yesterday was a much better day than Monday.  Shortly after I posted yesterday's blog, I could feel a headache coming on again.  I think the headaches are a result of poor sleep, but I can't really be sure.  I was able to stop it in its tracks before it consumed me.

Taking Care of Me

Have you been eating healthy or have you been eating a lot of comfort foods?  (Truth? It's been a little of both for me.   Here's my lunch.   Yummy!)
A friend has a home gym in his garage.  With the gyms closed, our friend opened his garage to us so we could lift heavy things and feel good!  We practiced safe social distancing and cleaned EVERYTHING after we used it.  I think Brian may want to create a home gym of our own now.

Scenes from my daily walk (continued below):  There's a house along our walk that has several cute painted birdhouses on the trees along their driveway.  I posted a couple pics of them the other day.  They are so cute.  I couldn't actually capture the birds, but the bird feeders were swarming with birds yesterday.  Evidence of kids playing outside.   My faithful companion.  I'm so curious what is going on with this ladder.  I've seen it every day since Leia and I started our daily walks.  I haven't decided whether they are just storing the ladder there or if it has a purpose leaning against that tree.  It's good for the imagination!

Found more bottles to redeem.   Yes, I washed my hands (and rewashed them).

Project Update

Progress!  I finished packing up Mitch's stuff, swept & vacuumed the floor.  I didn't dust, but the room is just about ready to paint.   I am going to move the furniture to the middle of the room, clear the walls an patch any holes.   It feels good to see progress.  It will be sad to take the FatHeads off his walls though.   

Taking Care of Others

We are following the Stay-At-Home Advisory.  We are getting outside to get in some solitary exercise, which is necessary for my sanity.   When we do go to the grocery store, we keep our distance from other customers.  This was a surprise yesterday at Big Y - plexiglass at the checkout counters.  Good for them!  I'm glad to see they are taking active measures to protect their employees.   As soon as I get home, I wash my hands, then wash them again.  (Inside my car, I keep a small towel and a spray bottle of Lysol.   Hygiene!)

Fever, Cough & Shortness of Breath

Forgive me for a minute while I rant.   A good friend of mine was diagnosed with "pneumonia" the other day.  She was very sick and exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.  She was seen at our local emergency room, but they would not test her for the Coronavirus, even though she was exhibiting the symptoms and was having trouble breathing.   Why wouldn't they test her?  Because she is not a high enough priority to test (as established by the CDC).  What does that mean?  It means she probably has COVID-19, but she will never know because she won't be tested.   It means the ACTUAL occurrences of coronavirus are most likely FAR HIGHER than we can even imagine and we won't know because they are not testing people.   (Even when they exhibit symptoms.)   We can only hope that people are actually following the "Stay-At-Home" advisories that local governments are instituting and that people who are sick AND their families are STAYING at HOME.  For all the people who are sick and aren't diagnosed, and therefore are not quarantined, this highly contagious virus is only going to continue to spread.   

I get it, we don't have enough kits to test people who are symptomatic.  I get it.  That doesn't make it right.  I could rant for a long time, but I'm just going to let you try to put the rest of the puzzle together for yourself.   I mean, seriously?!?  So, for the last time, people:  
Stay home.  Wash your hands.  Wash them again.


More. Laundry.

Seriously Though!

Monty Python Humor

I saw the meme below the other day on Facebook, and I didn't get it.  (I was a bit offended, to be honest.)  But then my husband had to explain the Holy Grail reference to me.  Last night, instead of streaming our normal shows, we watched various clips of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.  I never really appreciated British humor like my husband does.  (He knows every line of this movie by heart.)  But after watching this clip, I get the meme below.   And it is funny (if you're a Monty Python fan).

Today's Meditations

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.
Psalm 56:3-4a


Shoulders by for King & Country
My help comes from You
You're right here, pulling me through
You carry my weakness, my sickness, my brokenness all on Your shoulders


How are you and your family dealing with this pandemic?
Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.

My daily posts since my "Coronavirus Staycation" began:
Day 1:  Boo boo paw
Day 2:  Let the projects begin
Day 3:  A photo journal
Day 4:  Love wins
Finally Saturday:  It's starting to get to me
The Long Haul:  Be strong & courageous
Who Made the Clouds?  Day 7
Time Out:  Day 8

   





3 comments:

  1. I hope when you 'wipe' down the equipment at your friend's home gym you are following the required 'wet' time for the product to actually work! Most all disinfectants need MINUTES, 5, 10, some only 1 of wet to actually kill stuff. Please follow the time directions or the wipe down isn't any good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are keeping EVERYTHING clean and very well disinfected. Thank you for your concern!

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful blog...and one of my fav inspirational songs. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete