Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Day 2 of my Coronavirus Staycation

I started texting my Aunt Kelly yesterday and the text ended up so long that I decided to make it a blog post.  Somehow for me, talking about the day to day stuff helps get me through the craziness of this situation we all share.  How are you dealing with this pandemic?   The isolation?  Having your kids with you 24/7?  The fear?  I hope you will share your own stories with me, either in the comments below or message me.

Borrowed this from someone...source unknown.

Today’s Story: Koby Update 

So yesterday was a visit to the vet. They are not allowing human owners entrance to the clinic.
Waiting for Koby to be examined.
A vet tech comes out to your vehicle to get your animal and bring it in to see the vet. Our vet himself actually came out to get Koby and brought him back to the car. How hard this is on all of them! I’m sure they must be so frustrated.

 Dr. Crosson put some medicine on Koby’s paws to stop the bleeding and gave him antibiotics and gabapentin for the pain.  Instructed us to buy Koby some booties to protect his feet and showed us a “towel trick” to support his hind quarters better while he walks.  He’s getting older. This is so hard.

Staycation project update:

The deep cleaning of the house is still underway. Instead of Mitch’s room, we worked on our bedroom. When Brian retired, he pulled out all of his work clothes to “go through”.  He never “went through” them. Until yesterday.

He made a shadow box of his SPD patch, his first and last badges, his Kevin Ambrose pin and his negotiator's pin.
In December we got a new TV for the living room and I moved my “relaxing spot” from the den to the living room and had Joey move his games to the den. The den has been a mess since. Hopefully that will be part of today’s projects.   Mitch's room is still a top priority.

Side note: Brian is now responsible for cooking.  He made it to the store yesterday, said the shelves weren't quite as sparse as they have been.  We had meatloaf for dinner last night, ground beef was plentiful.

Did not make it to the gym yesterday.  Honestly, even though they are open and limiting capacity to 25, I'm kinda nervous about being exposed to others in a facility where we all touch everything with our sweaty hands.  Maybe today I'll go to One on One Fitness in West Springfield where I train with Pat.  It's a much smaller facility.   Instead of the gym, I took Leia for a walk.
Saw some crocus (the first sign of spring) and was reminded that yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. 

Here are today's meditations... As we ponder on God’s word, let’s be reminded that He is with us. We will get through during these tough times.

For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient but the things that are unseen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:17-18

In case you needed a dose of love, here's Leia in all her snuggly glory. 

Captain by New Hillsong United
Through waters uncharted my soul will embark
I'll follow Your voice straight into the dark
And if from the course You intend, I depart
Speak to the sails of my wandering heart


How are you and your family dealing with this pandemic?
Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment