Sunday, March 22, 2020

The Long Haul

Good morning and Happy Sunday!  As I write this, I realize that while today is my 6th day of isolation during this coronavirus pandemic, we've only just begun to see our new reality.  This is going to be a long haul.

On Sundays I go to church to worship and to be with my fellow Christians.  Today will be different.   While I'm not crazy about the idea of worshiping "online," I am accepting this as part of our "New Normal."   I'll tell you my thoughts and reflections in my next post.

Project update

Yesterday we loaded the truck with our old dining room furniture and some bags of clothes to donate.   Drove to our local Salvation Army donation center.  Closed.  Drove to the Heartsprings drop off spot.   Closed.  Looked online.   All of the Salvation Army, Goodwill and Heartsprings locations are closed indefinitely.  Looks like we will be holding onto our furniture for a while.  I might bring one of the bags of clothing to the homeless shelter because it has lots of socks, sweaters and men's pajama bottoms - all in good condition.  I might just hang onto it all until this is over.

Remember:  Laundry. Never. Goes. Away. 

Leia's Adventures

Having pets really helps to take the focus off ourselves.  Yesterday was all about Princess Leia.

Spring sighting:  the forsythia bushes have buds that are just about to bloom.  This poor pool kind of struck me as a metaphor of how we are feeling right about now.
A ride in the truck
Snuggles
So much love
Bed Time

Be strong and courageous

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Joshua 1:9

Be courageous.  I try not to think too much about what is going on in our world today.  If I get in my head for too long, I become fearful.  When I recognize where my thoughts are headed, I stop myself:  "Don't think like that, Tracey."   Talking to my parents and friends, focusing on the 100 different projects around the house, and cuddling with Leia have helped me get through. 

Be strong.  Last night I did some of my physical therapy exercises for my hip.  I don't have all the equipment they have at PT, but I can do a lot on my own.  I realized there are a lot body weight exercises I can do, so I am going to develop a three-day at-home workout plan.  The gym and various fitness subscriptions have been emailing workouts from home.  I might follow one or two of them, or I might just develop my own.  I don't have a lot in the way of weights for strength training, but I can make the most of what I do have.   

We are not alone.  I hold onto the truth of God's word.  He is with us.  Even his name, Emmanuel means "God with us."  While we may not be able to be together in person, we live in a time when we can use technology to be with each other.  No matter your age, take advantage of technology to be with your friends and family, near and far.   If you don't regularly attend a house of worship, or if your home church hasn't transitioned to online,  I want to invite you to worship with me and my Evangel friends this morning.  Today at 10:30 a.m., our pastors are streaming our service Live on Facebook.   If you miss the live event, you can view the service from our website.

Today's Meditations

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.   I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous hand.
Isaiah 41:10

Yes I Will by Vertical Worship
I count on one thing
The same God that never fails
Will not fail me now
You won't fail me now
In the waiting
The same God who's never late
Is working all things out
You're working all things out

How are you and your family dealing with this pandemic?
Feel free to share your updates with me, either in the comments or by message.

My daily posts since my "Coronavirus Staycation" began:
Day 1:  Boo boo paw
Day 2:  Let the projects begin
Day 3:  A photo journal
Day 4:  Love wins
Finally Saturday:  It's starting to get to me


   

No comments:

Post a Comment