Friday, November 13, 2015

Just Breathe

Last week, I started reading my blog backwards.  It's really intriguing to see what you've written over time, remember what you were thinking, how you were feeling. Since most of you don't have a blog, try the same thing by looking at your pictures on your phone, your posts on Facebook or Instagram.  Remember how you were feeling. It's interesting!

You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts you.
Isaiah 26:3

When I started re-reading my blog, I could almost feel how I was feeling. I thought, "You were pretty undone."  In my more recent posts, I guess I was. Maybe it wasn't as bad as I remember, but I think it was like a yo-yo, wrapped up really tight and then let go to just unravel.

Last month, I wrote about being at a Crossroads.  It was an uncomfortable feeling to not know what's next. Since that time, I've taken several weeks to step back. I started doing yoga about once a week. I've been hiking (a lot). And I've been eating like crazy (and not gaining weight). I really have to be careful of that because it will catch up with me. 

On top of Monument Mountain, Great Barrington, MA.
BUT I am finally starting to feel like I can breathe. My mind isn't racing, I don't feel like a vice grip is on my chest anymore.  For the first time in months, I feel "normal." 

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30

I am really enjoying my workouts. They aren't a chore to "get done."  I even add things to my usual routine, just because I feel like it.  I am seeing progress and have a genuine sense of satisfaction from that.


I got a new workout shirt too.  I LOVE it!
I've been thinking about the holidays coming up and I am looking forward to them. Usually I want to run away and hide until they are over. I go through the motions and clap for joy on December 26th.  

It's nice to just breathe.

A very sweaty selfie after an early morning cardio workout.
Undone by Mercy Me
To the cross I run, holding high my chains undone.  Now I am finally free.  Free to be what I've become.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

Make sure to check out my series:  What Matters Most and Part Two Here!
Questions for you: (Answer in the comment section below.)
What time do you usually workout?
What do you have planned this weekend?


New:  Subscribe to new posts!  When a new post is added, you will receive an email notice so you can check it out.  I promise:  no SPAM and I won't share your email address with anyone.  Look at the top right side of the page to subscribe.  


Follow me on Instagram:  @tracoleman99

No comments:

Post a Comment